cruise: st maarten -st thomas- nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sleepin

New
Reaction score
leaving nov 3rd on the epic. i want ot dive at all these locations but looking for some advice on where to go.

was thinking stuart cove in nassau .... for some sharks .. but looking for some scenery in the other locations.

This might help for St Maarten: Ocean Explorers Dive Center - Scuba Diving in St Maarten / St Martin Best Dives I haven't tried them yet, but plan to next year.
As I remember, Stuarts' Cove is one of the few, if only "cruise line authorized" dive operators in Nassau, and you have to book through the cruise line. SC is located at the east end, about a 45 minute ride from Nassau, so I decided to not dive that day.

KevinL

I just got back from St. Maarten. I dove with Caribbean Dive College. They picked us up right from the cruise pier. There is a protected marine reserve literally 15mins by boat straight from the cruise terminal. There are a couple of wrecks there and we saw a shark. Here are my pics from that area: St. Maarten Diving - a set on Flickr

Caribbean Dive College seemed like a good operation. Their equipment was pretty good, but they had to change 4-5 o-rings on tanks but other than that it was fine. The boat is nice and big enough. We had 10-12 divers on the boat and plenty of space.

Also dived with underwater safaris in St. Thomas. It was like diving in a pool that happened to have coral in it. It was a very nice easy dive. We dove a ship wreck there in about 40ft at shipwreck cove. They also pick up and drop off from the cruise pier. The only complaint I had about them is that they set us up on AL72's and timed the dives at 38mins. The dives could have been longer if we had larger tanks and they didn't time the dives. The reason they did this was to get us back to the ship when they were supposed to. It was a morning dive so we could have stayed longer but I understand.

Within the cruise time schedule, Cove's is about the only realistic option - Bahama Divers most likely leaves too early - 8:30AM - once you clear customs, catch a cab, it's a 10min+ ride. The only other option is Explore Scuba - IDK anything about them.

On St. Thomas you might try Admiralty or Blue Island Divers. Either will pick you up off the cruise dock. Afaik neither limit time/tank size.
Wreck Dives | St. Thomas USVI Scuba Diving Tours & Equipment Rentals
Cruise Ship Divers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom