cruise ship divers need to know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeeptrick

Contributor
Reaction score
Alberta Canada, summer/Barbados WI, winter
# of dives
Looking for information on Dive ops that will pick-up and drop off at cruise terminal for two tank dives on each island. Cruise ships with excursions that don't include diving, I don't understand that but I am on one so it would be good to know who to contact on each island. Advice on the various shops would be good as well.I can't be the only person looking for this info.

Thanks

What islands?

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to main Ohana forum

I would imagine the operators near Waikiki or downtown Honolulu would pick you up. You can try Honolulu Scuba Company which is super close to the port. I have walked that distance in the past, but a taxi would be fast and cheap. I would think South Seas Aquatics could arrange something. The all major operators have shuttles.

I know diveoahu has a van and does pick-ups. They're located near Ala Moana beach park in Honolulu.

Website is here: Home - diveoahu.com

They usually dive the Sea Tiger (sunken Korean ship in about 120' water, deck at about 100') and a reef nearby on their charters. Though may do the YO, another wreck in the area where 2 ships are in about 100' water.

Did my OW and AOW with them and never had any problems :)

We can pick up divers at Kailua Pier in Kona (Big Island). Keep in mind that your ship will be anchored offshore and you'll be taking a tender in to the pier. Pick up would be around 8:15am. Our dive boats get back around 2:30pm and we would take you back to the pier. Hope to see you soon! When will you be visiting Hawaii?

Back
Top Bottom