Cruise help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nando52

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey,

Going on a cruise in November/07. The ship stops at Isla Roatan, Belize and Costa Maya. I definitely want to do some diving, but I only want to dive at two of the three destinations listed above. I have booked dive trips through the cruise ship excursion desk in the past and have been disappointed. Way too expensive and I found the dive sites to be mediocre. That being said...I want to dive...but not via the cruise ship.
So....

1. At which two destinations should I dive at?
2. Can anyone suggest respective dive shops that cater to "cruise ship divers"?

Any suggestions or information would truly be appreciated!
(In case your wondering, ship is the Carnival Valor)

Any chance your going on the Carnival Valor?? lol......I was on that ship and that itinerary last December 2006. Great spots. However, with that said, you won't need to worry what ports to dive at per say. Costa Maya is out after the Hurricane. You'll have to see if you still make it to Belize and Roatan..... Good luck..... Post back as it gets closer and I'll recommend a dive op in Belize. They were great.......

On a similar itinerary (on the Valor - also went to Grand Cayman) I used Sea Sports Belize (they were awesome).

I forget the operator we used in Roatan - they came highly recommended but must have had a bad day, because our trip (we had a group of about 8 divers) was something of a cluster_ _ _ _ .

So sad to hear about Mahuhual - we had super dives there, and great fun post dive as well.

LINDA SEARLE IN bELIZE CITY- THE ONLY OTHER ONE IS HUGH PARKEY'S... Dream time or Maya Palms in Majahual but you won't be going there until 7 -2008 - West end Divers in roatan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom