Cruise/Belize - Non-Excursion Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going on a cruise over Christmas with stops in Belize, Cozumel and Grand Cayman...normally, a plethora of dive opportunities. My dilemma is that the Cruise line, Carnival, either has all their dive excursions booked, or because it is over Christmas and Boxing Day, dive shops are not open and no dives are available. Few questions:

1. Have anyone taken a cruise and booked your own dives independent of the cruise ship.

2. If so, what should I be concerned about besides getting back to the ship on time and equipment rental in super-king-size.

3. If this seems like a viable option, do you have any recommendations in these ports that I can contact.

Carnival does have a dive open in Belize. It's $148 WITHOUT any gear. Seems pretty expensive if I have to schlep my own gear down there. That's another frickin' suitcase just for one dive. I don't think so.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am sorry you are having difficult time, There is another option.
We at ecologic divers will fly you over on tropic air (15 min) puddle jumper to ambergris Caye. and you can do 2 dives on the reef which is 5 min. from our dock. you can have lunch and then return to board you ship.
This is a standard trip we do for the cruise ship people who do not want a long boat ride.
The price is almost the same if not a little less. Our rental gear is the best in the country, with Mares Dragon BCD and Atomic regs.
you can check us out at ecologic DIVERS Dive Trips & Tours - Scuba, Snorkel, Fish, Vacation in Ambergris, Belize or PM me. I too am from the Chicago area
so if you pm i will give you me tele#

hope this helps
dive safe

So it is OK to dive and fly on the same day? On this plane. I am just asking.

The altitude of the plane is only 1500' and the plane is not pressurized. on this type of flight it is ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom