Cross Organization Instructor Certifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSI is running a promotion for free online crossover kit through January 2021. You've still have to pay for the physical products. You'll probably want to take advantage of that even if it means just crossing over DM or AI. Call the SSI shop and get the details before the offer expires.

I crossed over from PADI to SSI this past summer.

Another thing to consider, your new shop will like want you to intern some classes before letting you loose on their students. However if you're taking the instructor course with them, that may not be required as you'll be doing that anyway during your course.

Few shops are going to want you if you only teach for another agency. They're going to expect you to learn their system and be able to help certify their students unless you only work as a guide, but then why bother paying the instructor fees and instructor insurance?

All that said, I'm really happy with SSI and not having to buy a massive pile of PADI student manuals. Between myself, my wife, and my kids, we've bought about four versions of each PADI book. SSI provides instructors the online kits in both student and instructor format for free.

Sam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom