Crocs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How many of you own these funny looking plastic footwears???

I own 3 pairs. They're perfect diving shoes. I wear them to work, too. I've got a dive flag and clownfish Jibbitz* in one and a dive mask and fins in the other. They're also perfect for air travel.

They do look funny, though. I wore my bright scarlet red ones to work, and a patient asked, "How far'd you have to chase the clown, doc?"

*Jibbitz are little decorations designed to be popped into the holes in Crocs and similar shoes. There are several that are very appropriate for divers.

That's what I wear for indoor shoes. Comfy as can be and easy to clean.

I have a pair of Crocs, but not the clog style ones that people usually think of. I was afraid my feet would get hot and sweaty in those, so I got a pair of the slipper style ones. Well, in Hawaii we call them "slippers" - I think on the mainland you guys call them "flip flops" or something like that.

Very comfortable.

I remember seeing another diver from this board...(not mentioning any names...Archangel) who had them on our Mo2vation dive in July...they looked pretty comfy!!!

I have a pair of bright green ones. :D They aren't the Crocs brand though. I have Holeys, which are made by the same people. I also have a bright blue pair. So comfy and perfect for diving!

I have several pairs of Holey Soles. I first saw them in Canada a couple years ago and finally bought some. They're like the Crocs - plastic coated foam and very light and comfy. I even have a pair without the holes so I can were them at work as long as safety boots are not required. The ones I were at home have held up surprisingly well considering the severe abuse I subject them to... like days upon days of dragging and burning brush, branches, roots and stumps :11:

They're so flexible that they are actually a help rather than a hinderance when I'm climbing the 25' tall scaffolding to work on my roof :D

They're unbeatable as boat shoes.

I've even worn them horseback riding... though I would NOT want the horse to step on my feet while wearing these. I seriously doubt they would provide any protection for my poor toes :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom