Croatia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Especially have a look at "Sigrid" and "Elhawi Star", which haven't been dived till last season, so you might be one of the first swedish divers there. By the way it was me who discovered the location of Sigrid :cool2:

So it must have been you that cut the ship and took 1/3 of it! :wink:

As far as it's known, Sigrid sank in 1977, and they cut it in parts to make sure it doesn't represent a dangerous spot for ships, since you know where it is...I got some photos in extremely crappy viz since it was period of constant rains:
Wreck Sigrid, 29.11.2008.

Drysuit? I'd wear it even during summer if it weren't for the temperature on the surface. :cool2:

I hope you didn't have any problems after the incident with our stupid regulations and jobs women can or cannot do, Veronika was the OWD instructor for my cousin when she did her OWD course 2 yrs ago...

Hehe, you got me. Of course I wasn't first there in 1977. Actually I think the ship sunk couple of years later. Right now I'm in Thailand so I can't check the materials we have at divecenter in Preluk.

But I can say, that I started diving there, as it was at the beginning of 2008, when we got the information about this wreck, so we did some "echo sonar research". Exact location was unknown, so it was a bit thrill descending in open water and searching for the wreck. :cool2:

You did some nice pictures there. In my opinion, Sigrid is very fotogenic wreck. I simply love it, as it is in reasonable depth, so you have enough time there. Have you been in engine room? It is a bit tricky to get there, because stairs are really small and you kind of need to get there either "head down" (not comfortable in drysuit of course), or you have to remove your fins and literally walk down. Definitely it is too small to carry a stage there, so you should leave it at doors.

Engine room is not wide, so you can turn around only in one part at the end. But it is worth it. You can find there a ship telegraph :)

I can't wait to come back to Croatia in April to dive Sigrid again.

About the drysuit you are right. I actually use it almost whole summer. I only take wetsuit when I do discovery dives, which is max. 6 m depth.

Yeah and the story with Veronika...it ended fine. I believe they are going to change that stupid law.

Whwn exactly did your cousin do her OWD? Maybe I was alredy working there so I might remember...

No, haven't ventured inside it much, just touch, take a look inside and took photos...

She did the OWD course during summer of 2007, I believe it was mid summer or August, something like that. There was another guy attending the course with her, Swiss or German I think...

Oh yeah I remember. This guy was from Switzerland and he was a photograper or something. And your cousin was working in germany at that time I think... And you were there with some friend. It is funny how the world is small.

I saw on your pictures, that you do some technical diving, so Sigrid is nice for training of wreck penetration :cool2:

Oh yeah I remember. This guy was from Switzerland and he was a photograper or something. And your cousin was working in germany at that time I think... And you were there with some friend. It is funny how the world is small.

I saw on your pictures, that you do some technical diving, so Sigrid is nice for training of wreck penetration :cool2:

Small world indeed, Rijeka even smaller, that's right!

Yes, more training for me further ahead all in due time... :)

Back
Top Bottom