Croatia? Or elsewhere...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunwitch

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

We are currently looking for somewhere to go on our summer break. We're a family with two kids aged 13 and 11. All of us dived for the first time last November (Florida Keys) - everybody but the youngest is open water certified. The 11 year old needs to complete two more dives. He's very up for it, but not so confident, especially about boat dives in swell. He was fine when the sea was calm. So, we want to go somewhere where we can have a relaxing holiday and get some diving in that all of us, not very experienced, but very keen, can enjoy.

We have some very good friends who spend each summer in Vela Luka (he's an archaeologist and works there through July and August). We are thinking about maybe joining them for a week in August.

Can anybody advise - what's the diving like round there? Are there good operations, especially considering that we will be diving with children? Otherwise, what are the better alternatives? I know there are other posts about Croatia, but I couldn't see anything about Korcula, or children...

Thanks!

I spent 2 weeks in Vela Luka in the summer of 2007 and had planned on being there for only 4 days....it's an amazing place! The dive center in Vela Luka is Croatia Divers (google for their website) and I can give them my highest recommendation. I did both my OW and AOW courses with them (in addition to a lot of fun dives) and it's an incredible group of people who are knowledgeable, safe, and a lot of fun.

I'm not sure exactly what info you are looking for, but feel free to PM me and i'd be happy to answer more specific questions.

I'm so jealous....dying to get back to Vela Luka!

Herehere... I also did my OW and AOW with Croatia Divers (www croatiadivers com) and only have good things to say about them.

Since then I have been back once, and they keep up the same standards. They go the extra mile to make sure you leave satisfied.

AJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom