Croatia - Meet My Boat Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrMattWill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be on a small (36 guests) cruise (Dubrovnik - Split) in June/July. The ship rep said I can arrange my own diving.

Are there any dives shops that will meet my boat along the route listed below?

Route
MLJET-KORČULA
KORČULA-VIS
VIS-BIŠEVO-HVAR
HVAR-BOL-TROGIR

I know the times the ship will stop for group swims. All I now need is a dive shop.

THere are 5 dive centers on Vis. Depending on the port you are staying in, Vis or Komiža you have a lot of choices of dive centre and most of the them can arrange some sort of transfer for you.

You are better off using google and contacting them directly to arrange more, but considering most cruises use the exact same itinerary you will likely only be able to dive in the morning as all of them are leaving the island before noon.

sorry to hijack this thread OP but I am exploring with the idea of dropping in Croatia in mid-late June, and getting some diving in as well (maybe our paths will cross!)

THere are 5 dive centers on Vis. Depending on the port you are staying in, Vis or Komiža you have a lot of choices of dive centre and most of the them can arrange some sort of transfer for you.

You are better off using google and contacting them directly to arrange more, but considering most cruises use the exact same itinerary you will likely only be able to dive in the morning as all of them are leaving the island before noon.
Do you think ferrying from Split to a dive shop on Vis every morning would be too tiring? Or should I look into accommodations on the island?
Do you dive in a drysuit or wetsuit? I see the water temperatures average low 20s in the summer. Which I'm guessing can drop to mid 10s for the deeper wreck dives.

sorry to hijack this thread OP but I am exploring with the idea of dropping in Croatia in mid-late June, and getting some diving in as well (maybe our paths will cross!)

Do you think ferrying from Split to a dive shop on Vis every morning would be too tiring? Or should I look into accommodations on the island?
Do you dive in a drysuit or wetsuit? I see the water temperatures average low 20s in the summer. Which I'm guessing can drop to mid 10s for the deeper wreck dives.
Impossible, the ferry ride lasts 2.30 hours and the first ferry arrives at 11.30 am, last one leaves at 6 pm during the summer. You would be late to arrive for the morning dive and probably late to return from the afternoon one.

Surface is around 23C and bellow the thermocline drops down to around 15C. We usually dive with 7mm suits.

Impossible, the ferry ride lasts 2.30 hours and the first ferry arrives at 11.30 am, last one leaves at 6 pm during the summer. You would be late to arrive for the morning dive and probably late to return from the afternoon one.

Surface is around 23C and bellow the thermocline drops down to around 15C. We usually dive with 7mm suits.
Yikes! that's a very long time. I had saw somewhere it was 1.5hr, although that still is a long time as well.
Are there any particular centers you can recommend on the mainland?

You are correct, but that's for catamaran which is passengers only. So, if you are diving in Komiža you will need to get over there.
And not to mention it goes opposite your desired time. It leaves for Vis in the afternoon and comes back to Split next morning.

Back
Top Bottom