Croatia - Island Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdmaize:
amazing photos.... where is the best diving in croatia???

merissa

IMHO it's Island of Vis, but there are beatiful sites elswhere: many wrecks at Istria coast, caves at island of Premuda and Korcula, etc.

If one location is to be chosen it's Vis: caves, walls and wrecks at one place, plenty of fish - it's protected area and diving is strictly controled.

Hi to everybody from Scubaman!

I've been to Vis two yesrs ago and I can to everybody it's the best place for diving in Croatia!! I dove 12 times and no one dive deceived me. I met octopus, fish of every size, coral, red gorgonias, plenty of lobsters!! To not forget caves and tunnels as well!! Very famous the Blue Cave! But, if you want to see especially lobsters and similar, you have to dive very deep! About 50-60mt
If someone needs further details, please contact me!

Scubaman

MonkSeal:
I simply had to post these pics from my recent trip to that beautiful island.

Unfortunately I can't see your pictures. BTW I'm convinced they are marvellous, if you took them in Vis!

Scubaman

S.C.U.B.A.MAN:
I did! Congrat for pictures. Where were you placed, in Komiza or Vis? If the first, which diving did you go with? Which U/W photo equipment do you use? I ask you because I'm seriously thinking to buy a scuba housing for my digi camera, but not sure. ($$$)

Scubaman

I was in Komiza and I'm lucky my friends are the owners of Manta diving center http://www.manta-diving.com , so I dived with them. They offer air, nitrox and trimix diving depending on your certification and locations you dive.

Regarding UW photo gear: it's Olympus C5050Z with Olympus housing PT-015 and Olympus WAL PWC-01.

MonkSeal:
I was in Komiza and I'm lucky my friends are the owners of Manta diving center http://www.manta-diving.com , so I dived with them. They offer air, nitrox and trimix diving depending on your certification and locations you dive.

Next time you see your friends tell them that "special offer for 2003" is not "news" in 2004..... :wink:

That said I'm sure the diving is great. Heading that way next summer if we can.

Chris

chrisch:
Next time you see your friends tell them that "special offer for 2003" is not "news" in 2004..... :wink:

That said I'm sure the diving is great. Heading that way next summer if we can.

Chris

At least you can always check what you missed in 2003 :wink:

Yes, the site definitely needs an update a few good locations are missing (like wreck Ursus, Green Cave - Zelena spilja, etc.). I'll send them mail.

MonkSeal:

Regarding UW photo gear: it's Olympus C5050Z with Olympus housing PT-015 and Olympus WAL PWC-01.

Prompt and precise!
i know that diving, (do they still have the hyperbaric chamber on their boat?) but I dove with their competitors. I promised myself to go once again to Komica because I spent really a good time!
Thanks for camera details.

Scubaman

Back
Top Bottom