Critters Under the Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great 'lil video---what's your camera???.....tia.....

Nice!

Nice video. The shallow depth of field focus works well to bring the viewers attention to the subject.

How you liking the LX7 compared to your GoPro ?

Very good. Looks very fluid and the shallow depth of field works. If you want a crisper DOF you need to pump the lights up or shoot in manual
Another option is to work with 1/50 shutter speed and you gain one stop however at surface you will need the ND filter

Nice video. The shallow depth of field focus works well to bring the viewers attention to the subject.

How you liking the LX7 compared to your GoPro ?
The LX7 is capable of so much more than the GoPro. Still getting used to it, not a simple run and gun camera like the GoPro. I'm very happy with it.

---------- Post added May 25th, 2014 at 08:13 PM ----------

Very good. Looks very fluid and the shallow depth of field works. If you want a crisper DOF you need to pump the lights up or shoot in manual
Another option is to work with 1/50 shutter speed and you gain one stop however at surface you will need the ND filter
That's something I'll tinker with next time out. Thx. My little lights are at max. I've been contemplating new lights. I like the Sola 1200's but also thinking about giving the bigger Archons a try.

Shooting in manual? How so, manual focus or mode? So at 1/50 shutter I would need the ND shooting at surface or above water. I don't tend to shoot much up there anyways.

Last edited:
manual mode in custom video. Set shutter speed to 1/50 Aperture to what you want and then pump the lights up to see what is the lowest ISO you can get

The LX7 does well up to ISO200 and the lens is sharp so you don't need f/8 unless things are really tiny

For lights your entry point is sola dive 800. For macro you don't need wide angle and at 400 lumens with 60 degrees you have plenty of light

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom