Cressi Sub Shorty or bare Brigade shorty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just finish my pool work and I am about to do my lake dives for certification. I plan on doing mostly tropical dives, and a few California and Washington state dives, and hopefully a bunch of lake dives here in Texas.

So I was planning on buying a shorty for the tropical, then maybe buying a full suit later for the colder dives, and wearing the shorty under the full suit.

Is it realistic to wear a shorty under a full? Do I really need a shorty for Playa? Which is better? The Cressi or the Bare Brigade? One advantage for me on the Bare Brigade is that I can try it on at ScubaToys. But I like the looks of the Cressi Sub shorty a little bit better.

Don't know about your local diving but I will say that you might want to wear the shorty with a full suit. Will you need it for Playa?...probably a good idea.
My choice between the two would be the Bare. Why, because Bare has so many more stock sizes. Trying it on locally is icing on the cake.

Cressi is certainly a goos name. Bare as mentioned has a huge size selection and they are a very good value. Most of my wetsuits and vests are Bare.

As for the shorty, it could have future use as alaytering item but a hooded vest is really better for layering since it resolves the neck opening as well.

Consider too that while you may or may not need full thermal protection on your tropical dives you may still want full coverage for the sake of scrapes and stungs. With a 3/2 full being too hot on repetetive dives is unlikely and you can always gulp a collar full of water.

Pete

Oh, and how should a wetsuit fit me? I am guessing it is better to be snug than loose right?

spectrum:
Consider too that while you may or may not need full thermal protection on your tropical dives you may still want full coverage for the sake of scrapes and stungs. With a 3/2 full being too hot on repetetive dives is unlikely and you can always gulp a collar full of water.

Pete

Pete, is right, you may want to consider a 3/2 full for protection. I got hit in Fiji by a Porteguese Man-o-War and had a reaction to the sting. The little bugger nearly killed me! So I've learned it's better to cover up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom