Cressi-sub or Mares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michindi

Reaction score
Im getting ready to buy a new mask, but Im not sure what one. Im looking the Cressi matrix and the Mares X vision. Any pros and cons on either of these..TIA

michindi:
Im getting ready to buy a new mask, but Im not sure what one. Im looking the Cressi matrix and the Mares X vision. Any pros and cons on either of these..TIA

I use the Mares X-Vision and like it quite a bit. Maybe a little prone to fogging, but that could be due to my goatee. Overall though, I'd recommend it.
T

Used both, but right now use the Matrix (X-vision frame cracked; not sure what from, but not during a dive). Both are good; go with whichever fits your face the best.

Always choose the mask that fits best.

Remember to check fit with a regulator or snorkel in your mouth as it changes the fit.

I love my Matrix. I looked at the Mares but it didn't fit my face. It does take some getting use to not have tons of mask out front.

Mine cracked as well. Could have been my fault for jumping in water looking slightly down and not at horizon. Exchanged email with Phil Mintz of Mares. He stated they have only seen less than 1% of them fail. My mask was promptly replaced under warranty - no questions asked by Leisure Pro. I still like my X-vision but I'm concerned about all these data points on cracked frames.

Wow you guys are freaking me out I just bought a black X vision havent even cleaned the lenses yet :11: My 5 star LDS swears by Mares(anything & everything)

I had X-Vision but sold it. It didn't fill my nose properly so during the dive water were getting into it. I felt so uncomfortable that I sold it. My girlfriend with small face had exactly the same problem :( Now I am using Technisub Look and my gf Technisub Ventura and we both feel great and comfortable underwater.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom