Cressi Sub Bac Jac BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenutt315

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I love my cressi sub bac jac it performs well for me but is it any good of a BC or is it like a poor quality non long lasting BCD

Ditch the jacket and buy a backplate/wing. There are a plethora of companies that make them. Halcyon and DeepSeaSupply are my personal favorites, although there are more.

Both of those companies produce high quality equipment although I tend to lean more towards DSS. Both DSS and Halcyon produce high quality gear, but DSS tends to be a much better value for money. The owner is also on ScubaBoard and dispenses information if you ask, and will also talk to you over the phone and help you out with a recommended setup. :)

Ditch the jacket and buy a backplate/wing. There are a plethora of companies that make them. Halcyon and DeepSeaSupply are my personal favorites, although there are more.

Both of those companies produce high quality equipment although I tend to lean more towards DSS. Both DSS and Halcyon produce high quality gear, but DSS tends to be a much better value for money. The owner is also on ScubaBoard and dispenses information if you ask, and will also talk to you over the phone and help you out with a recommended setup. :)
The Bac Jac is a back inflate BC not a BP+W. Also, to the OP: If you already own it, won't you find out for yourself if it's durable? Cressi makes good regs but I haven't used their BCs.

Ditch the jacket and buy a backplate/wing.

Why?

The OP says it works for him and he loves it so why would he ditch an expensive piece of gear?

There's more to it than just buying a BP/W anyways. If he's a rec diver now, wanting to go the tec route down the road, should he buy a single or twin wing? If he buys a single so he can rec dive now he may have to buy a twin later (now he's ditching two BCD's). If he buys a twin wing now he has to commit to twins all the time and also buy tanks (if he doesn't have some) brackets, manifold and/or two wings - shouldn't he have a little more info and do a little more thinking before he ditches that thing?

Perhaps if it were worn out and he was thinking of replacing it, a suggestion that he buy a BP/W would be helpful - with a reason as to why it might be preferred over a jacket in the long run, otherwise, it just seems to be a knee jerk DIR response without explanation.

I say who cares what quality it is for now - it just has to hold air part of the time. Having the "right" brand names won't make you a better diver and most major brands will do the job. Dive it like you stole it until you wear it out and/or have some disposable income and in the mean time think about what kind of diving you will do down the road and make your next purchase accordingly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom