Cressi Leonardo Vs Mares Puck Pro wrist computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neither is better IMO one is more conservative (mares) one is more liberal (cressi). I have a puck air on one of my rigs for four years, with no complaints. Haven't heard any major gripes about the cressi either. Both are fairly basic nitrox computers, of I was in the market for a new one, I'd probably just grab the less expensive of the two. (which is what I did with the puck air v the Sherwood wisdom). :wink:

The Puck Pro is a huge leap over the Puck (and thus the Puck Air). It is my backup computer, even. It has for a non watch design a reasonably slim design, and it can do multiple gases.

I really did not like the Puck at all, and used to use the Oceanic Puck style wrist computers for backup,but I really like the Puck Pro. It has a bunch of little touches that show someone at the company actually uses it, and they are not just throwing out a product.

It is like all one button computers a pain to change setting on, and when people play with mine they often can make changes to the mix and whatnot, but that is a problem with all single button computers.

(All I know about the Cressi Leonardo is from reading about it, but it looks like it shares the form factor with the previous model that five different companies all used (DiveRite Duo/Trio, Tusa whatchamacallit, Cressi whatever etc.). If that's the case, it is slimmer than the Oceanic wrist warts, but nowhere near as sleak as the Puck Pro.

i know this thread is long past, but when i purchased my computer a few months ago, i read any thread i could find containing the computers i was looking at so i'll add my two cents for anyone in the future who may be doing the same.

i ended up purchasing the cressi leonardo and while it's great for easy recreational diving, i am really coming to hate it after logging 60+ dives with it. my two biggest complaints are that it is really conservative (it's just terrible for anything deeper than 80-90 ft as it gives you very little no deco time compared to your fellow divers) and it has an obnoxious alarm that seemingly cannot be done away with. it beeps for everything. moved your hand to scratch your head from neutral? ascent rate alarm. pop up a couple of feet (we're talking 2-3ft) to move around an object? ascent rate alarm. it's constant and it's really annoying. REALLY ANNOYING. a change in position of just a couple of feet triggers the alarm, and trust me, this gets very very old!

all in all it's a great computer - easy to use, big display, one touch buttons, etc. but the couple of draw backs i listed above are becoming major annoyances in my life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom