Cressi Giotto temperature measurement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ruxton

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know if the Giotto measures temperature the entire dive and is downloadable with all the other dive parameters or does it only measure the water temp on initial entry or does it do some sort of averaging?

Thanks.

I expect it's the same as Leonardo: that does measure the temperature continuously. I don't see the reading in the subsurface xml file after downloading the log, no idea if it's not recorded or just not transferred/ignored by subsurface.

That's exactly the problem I'm having. I was expecting a curve along side the depth profile but didn't see one..I saw one discrete measurement of 82.4 and I know there was a thermocline...not cold, just nice and cool....but it didn't show on the download to subsurface. I tried with the Cressi software and saw the same thing. I might try resetting everything to factory default.

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't actually logged -- to save space. You could try the software subforum, at least a couple of subsurface devels post there regularly and might know for sure, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't save/display it if it was actually coming off the computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom