Cressi Eclipse..free flowing Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MVacc

Registered
Reaction score
Any advice would be hugely appriciated..

I buy this reg, do all the pool work, LOVE it, works great, breaths amazing, i love it. I get to my OW check out and my octo starts bubbling and somtimes full out free flowing. Okay, w/e i'll deal with it until we get to the LDS. Bring it there, and the guy looks at it, pulls it apart finds nothing wrong, and then just lowers it. Dive the next day, does the same exact thing(still bubbling). So i say alright, once i fly home, i'll bring it to my LDS in NY. Bring it there, they do the exact same thing. So, twice it has been repaired. Go on another dive, does the same exact thing again, octo bubbling and free flowing. Bring it BACK to the LDS, and leave it with them for a week. Go diving the next weekend, and the same old story, still bubbling. Okay, so i go back to the lds, leave my reg with them for TWO weeks, and they even had an instructor use it in the pool, they say its good to go. I go diving the next weekend and it does it AGAIN. After 4 repairs, you think they could fix it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I'm fed up with this already.

Thanks

Perhaps, you should obtain some coaching so that the LDS can confirm that you are doing everything that you are supposed to. The alternative is that they are BSing you about what they are doing when they are actually not doing anthing. I doubt that though. Just make sure that you don't loose your cool with them as you don't want to look stupid in the end. Also you could dive with someone who knows the gear and could possibly do some adjustments on site.

No no, i'm not blaming the LDS at all, they have been MORE than helpfull, and have tried all they can, i'm just pissed that my regulator doesn't work :). I don't want to sound like i KNOW that i'm using it right, if i did, i apologize. It is a total possibility that i'm being a newb and can't tell whats wrong, but i don't think so, i think the regulator is totally malfunctioning.

But, i guess i'll have to try that, go with somone who knows whats going on :) Thanks for the advice.

However, i'm just wondering if perhaps anyone else is having a similar problem, or it's simply my regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom