Cressi Big Eyes Fogging Mystery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can shed any insight into this. I have a fogging problem with my mask but only on the right side in a certain area. This consistently happens on all dives, no matter what defog I use (seavision I have found works best). I also made sure to treat the mask when it was new to get the film stuff off that is in the inside of the mask. I have done that several times with toothpaste. In Cozumel recently, one of the divemasters gave me this soapy substance, I forget the name, to use. Well, it worked for one dive but that was it. ANy ideas? Thanks.

There's a recent thread about cleaning your mask. Basically, get some soft scrub and gently clean the entire mask, inside and out. Once you've done that, do it again. Let it dry.

Now wash it with baby shampoo. Rinse well and let it dry.

Use a good mask de-fog before you go diving. I use Sea Gold, but others have their own preference. Some have recommended Johnson's Baby Shampoo which works nicely and is cheap. Walter recommends applying the baby shampoo and letting it dry in the mask. I have not tried that.

You probably have something (goo) on your mask that hasn't been completely removed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom