Question anyone know how I could get my hands on a replacement (clear) lens for a Cressi A1 mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZippyDan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've scratched the lens on my brand new Cressi A1 mask to hell.

I might post about it in Thumbs Down (summary: it's my fault for not reading more about it, it's a new lens technology, DON'T use toothpaste, abrasive cleaners, or lighters on this lens).

It's an AMAZING mask. It DOES NOT FOG (I don't know how they do it).

I'd like to replace the lens instead of trashing a brand new mask I only got to use three times.

I contacted Cressi directly and they said they don't offer replacement lenses. I contacted leisurepro (where I bought it) through email and they haven't responded yet.

Any chance a dealer could special order this with a secret part number or something?

Why do you think it's user-replaceable at all? E.g. the lenses on my Big Eyes are, it is marketed as such, and there are places that sell them. I'd expect it would be the same for A1 if it was designed for that.

Why do you think it's user-replaceable at all?
Because I googled it and ran across this Japanese video showing how easy it is to swap out the lenses, with just a flat-head screw driver:

Apparently this "same" model is sold under various brands (as is common for a lot of scuba equipment which is subcontracted to primary manufacturers in China or Taiwan ), including Japanese-brand Gull and also random Chinese brands like Rongbenyuan. The dude in the video simply swaps his anti-UV lens from a Gull Vader mask to his Cressi A1 in all of 2 minutes.

Call Blue Water Divers in Rochelle Park NJ. Their store is two mins away from Cressi HQ. If they can’t get it, no one can.

Back
Top Bottom