Cressi AC2 Compact

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zykie

New
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm looking to buy my 1st regulator. I want one that's travel friendly since I mostly fly in small planes between tropical islands.

I've tried several ScubaPro models and they are too big for me. I've tried a few other brands as well.

I'm leaning towards the Cressi AC2 Compact. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks! :)

Z-

We use the AC2 in our rental fleet. Simple, reliable, downstream piston design. Almost bulletproof...
That being said....
I personally prefer the breathing ease of the Aqualung Titan Lx...(now the "Core"). The Aqualung is based on a 50 year old design, breathes fine down to recreational depth limits, and is simple, cheap to service..and parts are easy to find worldwide.
I suggest you consider the ease and service/parts availability when deciding. ANYONE...seems to be able to work on a Titan Lx...but not everyone has seen a Cressi AC2 it seems.
For the money involved..hands down go Titan Lx imo.

Bubs

Never used that particular model, but I don't see how it is necessarily all that compact. Connect hoses (SPG, Primary, Octo, and inflator) and you'll have hoses going every which way. From a gear storage and in-use routing perspective, the regs with the 90 degree bend will pack smaller and be more streamlined. The Aqualung mentioned looks like it would pack much smaller with hoses attached. Plus, it's balanced, whereas the Cressi is not.

I have not used this particular model of regular so I can only give you general advice. The Cressi AC2 is an unbalanced first and second stage. It would be equivalent to an AL Calypso, R195/MK2, Oceanic Alpha, etc. I am not sure why you think it would be more compact than any other regulator. If you can afford the extra money then a AL Micron is probably a better choice. It is only $100 more expensive at Leisure Pro.

Also Cressi does not have as many dealers as Aqua Lung and some of the other larger manufacturers. So service could be more difficult than with other brands.

Second ams511, if you're looking for a "travel" friendly reg then availability of service is more important than size. I'd also be looking at the Mikron if you want small and for travel, as above AL has a very large dealer/service network so should you run into problems unless you are truly off the beaten track service should not be an issue. Good luck.

Apeks Flight?

Blanced first and second stage, compact, miflex hoses which cut down on weight.

Apeks Flight?

Blanced first and second stage, compact, miflex hoses which cut down on weight.

I wouldn't, they use, IMO silly, propriety hoses which could be a problem when traveling. I've also read numerous reports of people having free flow issues. From memory Apeks did resolve the issue buy swapping out a part. The hoses would be a deal killer for me. If you're looking for small then I'd pick the Mikron without a doubt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom