Cree MC-E Charger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know why the batteries of my Cree MC-E heat up when I charge them? Before they're fully charged the charger lights starts to flash.

Anyone know why the batteries of my Cree MC-E heat up when I charge them? Before they're fully charged the charger lights starts to flash.

Cree MC-E refers to a particular led. If you are referring to the dive light frequently reviewed here that uses a Cree MC-E I have that light. My charger (to my knowledge) either has a red light while charging or a green light when fully charged.

So, I've never noticed a flashing charging indicator. As far as the battery becoming warm while charging...how warm are we talking about? Most/many batteries are a bit warm right off the charger.

If you leave the batteries on the charger does the indicator light eventually turn green?

In other words is there any real problem here other than batteries that are warm just after charging?

It's the same light with the huge thread in this forum. I tried going through that thread for anyone with the same problem but didn't see anuthing. The charger has two red lights when charging that become green when fully charged but became worryingly hot before the lights turned green. When I charged the batteries at work so I could keep an eye on them this didn't happen. The second time I charged them, at home again, the same thing happened. They became hotter than I thought they should and the red lights would turn off every ten seconds or so. I only had two hours to charge them before going diving so I left them in the charger with a fan blowing on them. They did take a charge dud I didn't think this is how it should work.

Back
Top Bottom