Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncle Pug:
Actually, I don't have a team. I'm with the formerly dead person, Jesus. :D

I've seen enough evidence to be convinced that He actually lived, died and rose again.

Only speaking for myself, mind you.

Not quite true... you're speaking for me, too.

Green_Manelishi:
Unknown authors? Hardly.

You need to learn your history a little better.

Of course, your estimate of the age of the universe is off by over 2 million percent, so I don't have a lot of hope for you accepting historical evidence that shows the Bible wasn't written by those that claim to have done so.

H2Andy:
fact: the Bible says the star stopped over where the child lay --

Matthew 2:9 -- "...and lo, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came to rest over the place where the child was."
A building can be a place, of course. But since when is a place automatically a building?

Snowbear:
A building can be a place, of course. But since when is a place automatically a building?

doesn't matter...

the point is that the star came to rest over wherever the baby was, according to Matthew.

the verse is pretty clear

what Matthew says happened can't happen. it's an impossiblity. even a planet on retrograde can't "hover" over a set spot in the sky on any given night.

it rotates like all other celestial bodies (well, really, the Earth rotates -- it just looks like it's the stars and planet and the moon rotating)

and to say that a planet in the sky can point to a specific location shows a lack of understanding of celestial navigation.

the "location" of the planet will change with your location. as you move, it will seem to be "over" different buildings or features on the horizon. it will be impossible to follow to any specific land location, because as you are moving, IT is rotating across the sky, changing its location relative to the horizon.

i'm surprised an outdoor person like you never noticed this problem with the narrative :wink:

Snowbear:
Yep it is. The 'place' was clearly Bethlehem :D

so the star hovered over Bethlehem while the Magi got there?

impossible.

read my post above.

the best answer is a supernova (not perfect, but the best answer)

but... alas... no supernova is recorded for that time frame...

thus, Christian apologists have to come up with Jupiter and retrogade and the house of blah blah blah to explain away a simple fact:

the star story is myth. it never happened.

a star can't come to a rest over any place (town or building). it's impossible.

and the Bible clearly says that the star came to rest:

Matthew 2:9 -- "...and lo, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came to rest over the place where the child was."

here we have the star moving at will, to Bethlehem, and then stopping there

sorry, that's impossible

The statement that the world is only six or seven thousand years old is enough to show your ignorance of facts which support evolution

My Dad had a saying that has become more and more relevant.

You are going to learn Sir.

One way.....or the other.

Kudo Pug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom