Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, Green.. those are some awful articles...

i quote just a few:

Instead, [Meyer] argues that our knowledge of the causal powers of both natural entities and intelligent agency suggests intelligent design as the best explanation for the origin of the information necessary to build a cell in the first place.

translation: if something exists, someone had to create it. something can't come from nothing.

sounds like the same old to me. this is a philosophical argument, not a scientific one. there's no science here.

i love this one:

Starting from the commonsense observation that we make design inferences all the time, Dembski shows that we do so on the basis of clear criteria. He then shows how those criteria, complexity and specification, reliably indicate intelligent causation.

Meyer again:

Meyer argues that competing materialistic models (Neo-Darwinism, Self –Organization Models, Punctuated Equilibrium and Structuralism) are not sufficient to account for origin of the information necessary to build novel animal forms present in the Cambrian Explosion

i guess he doesn't think DNA can hold all that much information ... hmmm.... he must be lonely in that viewpoint in the scientific community

by the way, all that "irreducibly complexity" stuff being thrown around is just the old watchmaker's analogy with a new name, and it's just as unscientific. these are just philosophical arguments with a thin veneer of "scientific" language.

You've gotta love this thread......:D

Did it evolve or just appear? :rofl2:

I'm never quite so sure about the folks who just pile on the threats to support their arguments though....

Why would the truth need that?

Maybe it was created with evolution built into it.:wink:

i really should not post this late

"Tell a devout Christian ... that frozen yogurt can make a man invisible," Harris writes, "and he is likely to require as much evidence as anyone else, and to be persuaded only to the extent that you give it. Tell him that the book he keeps by his bed was written by an invisible deity who will punish him with fire for eternity if he fails to accept its every incredible claim about the universe, and he seems to require no evidence whatsoever."

Sam Harris, Author "The End of Faith"

Green_Manelishi:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dodo bird extinct at the hand of man. Passenger pigeon extinct at the hand of man.

You obviously missed the point of my post. A "dead end/failure" is not a lifeform that became extinct; it's a lifeform that never went beyond the prototype. You know, the thing that had not quite a leg/fin/wing; it just flopped around helpless until it was killed or died. Or, is evolution so clever, as some claim (Dawkins) that never happened?

you mean like a birth defect?

Green_Manelishi:
They did, but human arrogance and pride (which still exists) decided it would be good to do whatever he wanted, despite God's admonition. And death entered the world.

Hopefully the following will answer your questions about peer review. If not, pray you are correct about your world view and origins. Forever is a long time.

http://www.discovery.org/scripts/vi...Scientific Research and Scholarship - Science

http://www.rae.org/crepub.html

What really scares me as an evolutionist and physicist is the thought that one of the editors of Darwinism, Design, & Public Education might hook up with one of the editors of Galilean Electrodynamics and reproduce.

http://www.galileanelectrodynamics.com/

Green_Manelishi:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dodo bird extinct at the hand of man. Passenger pigeon extinct at the hand of man.

You obviously missed the point of my post. A "dead end/failure" is not a lifeform that became extinct; it's a lifeform that never went beyond the prototype. You know, the thing that had not quite a leg/fin/wing; it just flopped around helpless until it was killed or died. Or, is evolution so clever, as some claim (Dawkins) that never happened?

"Dead at the hand of man" is still failing to adapt to conditions (or a new predator, as the case may be.

You don't think there are failed experiments of the type you mention? Have you ever heard of birth defects? They are not that uncommon. Are you saying they don't exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom