Crazy rashes after diving in lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yungjeezle

Registered
Reaction score
hey guys, i was wondering if you guys knew the solution to this problem... i was diving in lake travis this past weekend and now i have rashes all over my torso down to my knees. i'm trying to figure out whether this is from the wetsuit or if it's from something in the water...

has anyone experienced anyhting like this?

I've never gotten a rash from the water there before. Is it a new wetsuit? Does the rash look like a sunburn or is it more like a bunch of dots?

it's more like a bunch of dots all over my body... and yes it is a new wetsuit

Did you wash the wetsuit before using it... Sounds like a reaction to a chemical... Does the rash itch?

it itches on occasion and what do you mean by washing hte wetsuit? i run some water over it a couple times after every dive

Use a good wetsuit shampoo to clean your suit with......make a big difference (to me anyway)

I do a three part wash for my wetsuit.

First, a rinse in just plain water, then a rinse in a 4 part water/1 part baking soda solution, then a rinse in fresh water with a dryer sheet thrown in. I've never had any problems with my wetsuit smelling bad or giving me a rash, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than wetsuit shampoo.

Maybe your wetsuit is too tight? did you flood it with water before you started moving around underwater? I know my suit is snug enough that i have to force water in certain places or it stays dry for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom