Craigslist Steal or Not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Crazy idea!

I have an Olympus sp-350, and would like to get a strobe for it. Since I don't have money in my budget to actually go out and get something decent, so I'm looking for ways to cheat.

Is it be possible that the strobe off this listing would work with my camera? I'm assuming it's a slave. I haven't been able to find much info on it this system, but know it's an old film setup. Just thought I might be able to use the frame and strobe!

Any thoughts?

Scuba Gear/Camera - BARGAIN PRICES

Thanks,

Ted

The strobe will not work because you can't cancel the preflash on the 350. The SL960D will work though and can usually be found pretty cheap. The SL960D has a setting inside that you can set to ignore a different number of preflashes. By the way, if you run across a housing for a 350 let me know. I tore up my Ike and can't find any replacements

Ahhh, thanks for letting me know! I'll check into the SL960D. Too bad about your housing! If my camera dies I'll let you have my housing!

Ted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom