Cracked T3 Battery Door

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1968Conv

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got an Aeris Elite T3 that's around 2 years old. I don't dive much, maybe 6 times/year. None of the dives are tech, most less than 100 Ft., mostly warm water.

Figured it was a good idea to change the batteries before heading out. When I went to change the computer battery, I found the clear plastic "door" heavily cracked around the edges, with one crack heading toward the center of the door. I did wipe the edge of the door with a Q-tip dipped in alcohol, to remove a grain of sand or salt that was in the door retainer groove. The battery compartment was dry -- computer still works.

Is having this door crack normal? Could the rubbing alcohol have caused the cracking? Nothing in the instruction manual warns about using chemicals for cleaning, other than recommending a vinegar solution for removing salt.

I've not seen this with my VT3 after 170 or so dives and 5 battery changes. However, I dive fresh water mostly with all of 22 salt water dives...

If you give Oceanic a nice email, they may just send you one as replacement just because they are such a nice group of people!

Back
Top Bottom