Crab Grab Part Deaux - Pincers of Death - The Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kchFLA

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
paulwall and kchFLA decided to meet at 9:00 at the whiskey wreck to look for crabs. Unfortunately the surf was what paulwall was calling waist high; for me that would have been head high. :D

So paulwall and I went back over the bridge and went to the park where the Crab Grab festivities would commence. We checked out the bridge pilings but the currents were swirling there not making that look inviting either. ruh-roh. No crabs.

paulwall and I passed the time chitchatting or the more manly shooting the breeze. We saw a poor little boy who evidently wasn't allowed to have a dog. He was pulling along his pet coke can by some fishing line.

Along came Halftime, his sidekick, and cmufieldhockey. They brought snausages, I mean sausages to grill. Haltime had a handy little portable grill that we all thought about absconding with.

Shortly there after tom wicker showed up with shrimps and crabs. yeah. The rescuer of the Crab Grab. We ate crab, shrimp and sausages and the sides of potatoes and corn. yummy.

paulwall then decided to take the diveyak for its maiden voyage. He pulled it out, pumped it up, and carried it to the water. He floated it in the water and jumped on board. He paddled away. Those of us on shore waited for a big boat to send paulwall over. No such luck.

The trip in was not as easy as the one going out. So he angled in and came to shore further up the beach. The yak then went back out and was paddled back up to where it was put in the water. paulwall came up with his new slogan for the yak - Go out a Man and Come back a Girl.

cmufieldhockey was the one who paddled it back up to where it was first put in.

We went back to the pavillion and chowed down on the bundt cake I brought. It turns out I'm only liked for my baking abilities. See the Florida Conch forum regarding that issue.

We then all headed out. Crab Grab Part Deaux compete.

ps. Next year paulwall is going to call it something different to fool the crabs and the weather into cooperating. So don't be confused if you see the Hot Dog Bicycle Ride - part three.

LOL, thanks for the report, atleast good times were apparently had by all. Crabs too!

lol awesome. I wish I had seen the kid with the pet pop can. Your desert was delicious! Thanks to Tom for supplying most of the yummy food and Halftime and sidekick for the ride :) Oh and Paulwall for the pleasure of paddling his yak back.
No diving but I still felt like I got my diving fix 'cause I got to hang out with such... interesting people.

I enjoyed the great company and look foreword to the next time we can get together. With Paul's plan we should get in a dive or two.

Sorry I missed out on the fun. Glad you all had a great time!!

Were you guys going for Blue Crab? I was going to go for Stone Crab yesterday then realized season was not until the 15th :11doh:

Paul..what did you do to Kira? She spends one day with you and the next day she is packing her goods and leaving town....

Yep, blue crab. No season on stone crab in AL.

Those are yummy too. Now I have an urge to cook a bunch, throw them on some newspaper, and sit down with some drawn butter. :yum:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom