Cozumel trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Flew to Cozumel Friday morning, Adventure Tours from DFW. Check in was very easy and there were no weight restrictions on luggage or questions about Dive gear. My luggage was below the 50 lbs. per bag that American Airlines surprised me with some of the group had bags that were a whole lot more than 50lbs.

Mexican arrival, Customs, and luggage retrieval was fast and trouble free. We were warned about aggressive timeshare sales people I never saw any.

Scheduled to meet Liquid Blue Divers at the Colleta [sic] or harbor for an afternoon and twilight dive. The owners Michaela and Roberto were there to greet us. Roberto was the Dive Master for our dives. Dive boat is roomy and is wide enough for me to wear my fins and not be all over the fins of the diver across from me.

First dive was Palancar Gardens, low water temp. was 77 and high 78 degrees. For me a 3 mils suit was just fine. Second dive was a twilight dive that ended as a night dive at Tormentos. Really nice easy dives both a little over 1 hour. Liquid Blue uses steel tanks and I had a 120.

Second day was two dives north of the scuba park at Eagle Ray pass. Jorge was the Dive Master and was very good at the briefing and instructions about the dive and was clear that if anyone got out of control in the deep blue he would call the dive and we would return to the boat. Stopped in sand at about 85 feet on the point. Within 2 minutes two groups of huge Eagle Rays came by in formations of 4 and 3. Several singles flew by before we had to leave for the safety top. Jorge took us to the grassy area at 15 feet where he found a really nice Seahorse.

Last day dives at Columbia and Cedar Pass. Columbia was really great with 3 turtles, 1 huge Eagle Ray, and about 5 foot Nurse Shark swimming below at the safety stop. Cedar Pass had the usual assortment of small sea life.

Went to the French Quarter and enjoyed the Superbowl, beer, and good food.

Weather was clear 80's during the day and 70's at night. rain late every night and Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for the report. It is making me excited about our upcoming trip. My husband and I are going to Coz this spring but are still deliberating over where to stay. If you could expound a little on where you stayed and how you liked your accomadations I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, :150:

Super Bowl in Cozumel at the French Quarter. Sounds pretty good to me.

We stayed at Casa Rosa, a house a few blocks west of the main square. We've stayed there several times. Its big enough and we go down to to the grocery store by Plaza Los Glorious to get breakfast and lunch food. Nice size kitchen and dining room. Cable TV. Best feature is the Bodega [sic] lots of room to rince gear and hang it up every day. Lock gate and security isn't a problem. I think you can go to Yahoo.com and search on Casa Rosa.

Going to Cozumel for my first time in March....staying at the Barracuda. Your report got me all ready to go...NOW! glad you had a great time. I am looking forward to experiencing it.

What kind of beer was it?

Good Report!!!

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to going in several months.

Back
Top Bottom