Cozumel Trip Report Feb 2-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zuzanne:
OK COZAHOLICS, I need some questions answered for my first time...Pretty Please? I can get a week at the Plaza Los Glorias Resort for week of Feb. 26, 2005-I know but its the earliest we can get away, we have Barbados in Oct. 2004. What can we expect in the way of Water Temps during that time and has anyone stayed at this resort that can give me honest review of it. I don't need fancy but do need clean. Also what about weather in February-is it warm and sunny so we could get some beach time between dives? Is there any beach diving on Coz? Is there good diving for beginners (one of our party is newly certified)? And one last question for this time...I have never done a drift dive, is this a good place for us to learn?

Suki

Haven't stayed at the Plaza Los Glorius, but for the rest...

Average temp for Feb is something like 23C. Highs in the upper twenties. There is beach diving. If I ask, my shop will just leave a couple of tanks out for my wife and I to grab, and it's twenty feet to the water. There's lots of good diving for all levels of diver. And it's all drift diving. First time my wife dove down there, she called it cheating because she didn't have to fin. :)

Five more weeks to Coz!

(And now I need another map, so I can put it up in the bathroom...)

zuzanne:
Also what about weather in February-is it warm and sunny so we could get some beach time between dives?
I get cold pretty quickly, and in a 3mm farmer jane and shorty with long sleeves I was fine all but one day. We were there Feb 8-15 (a week ago today, sniff!) and it rained 3 of the 8 days. Only one day significantly, but one day it was just overcast and drizzly all morning, and that's when everyone got cold.

Rest of the time the weather was fabulous. Perfect. Gorgeous. Uh-oh, I'm going to need some Cozuholism treatment!

I have never done a drift dive, is this a good place for us to learn?
Excellent place for first time. Good place for a newbie to practice being still and using less air, since you don't have to move at all.

42 days and counting . . .Si! Si!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom