Cozumel Sanddollars ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilippeD

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I did hear about a hotel and a dive school called Sand Dollars in Cozumel.

Does anybody know a link or even had a stay there?

Thank you!

http://www.sanddollarsports.net/sd_home.php

This is a dive operator that works out of Reef Club. I have stayed at Reef Club. Best thing about it is it was inexpensive. Food was boring. Rooms were OK. Of the 4 southern AI resorts, it is the least desirable. I would probably not stay there again. I did not dive with Sand Dollars as their reputation seemed rather poor. But I did have an exchange with the owner and she gave me no reason to change my mind. If you see a larger dive boat billowing black smoke as it meanders along, that's probably one of theirs.

Thnaks for your reply, I will care about your informations! :)

awap:

This is a dive operator that works out of Reef Club. I have stayed at Reef Club. Best thing about it is it was inexpensive. Food was boring. Rooms were OK. Of the 4 southern AI resorts, it is the least desirable. I would probably not stay there again. I did not dive with Sand Dollars as their reputation seemed rather poor. But I did have an exchange with the owner and she gave me no reason to change my mind. If you see a larger dive boat billowing black smoke as it meanders along, that's probably one of theirs.

I stayed with Reef Club 3 years ago and dove with Sand Dollar Sports. This review is right on. Boring food, inexpensive, FLYS EVERYWHERE AROUND THE FOOD BAR, entertainment at night was cheesy. The boats were cattle like, however they do break the group up into groups of 6 to dive with. The biggest PITA that I came across were that my girlfriend and I were diving Nitrox and everytime I asked for an analyzer, they rolled their eyes and were like "jeez, hold on". Like I'm going to dive a Mexican filled Nitrox tank to 85 feet without checking it. Get real.

Philippe,

I'm not sure when the above posters were last at the Reef Club, but I was there about 6 months ago and dove with Sand Dollar Sports and had a great time. There were about 8 people on the boats when I dove (did a 6 day package). The crew was helpful and fun. The Reef Club was a good deal. Was hardly a 5 star resort, but it was clean and the food was decent. I went along with my dive club, which may have contributed to my postivie experience with the place, and I am planning on returning again in about 6 months.

J.

awap:

We didn't dive with Sand Dollar but the reef club review is right on. I would probably stay there again though, because we were almost never at the resort and it was cheap (a guys trip).
Since we weren't diving with sand dollar, when one guys computer went down they wouldn't even rent him one.

There are lots of good dive operations in cozumel, so there is no reason to deal with sand dollar.

TT

Just came back from a week in Coz staying at Reef Club and diving with Sand Dollar. Reef Club is a PIT. You get what you pay for! Food was poor at best, but even worse was the attitude of the staff. I have traveled the world and can honestly say I have never seen a more arrogant staff at a resort.

On the positive side we used Sand Dollar - our group of 8 - 10 had our own boat and DM for 6 days of diving. I logged 24 dives in the 6 days and they were GREAT. DM was outstanding and overall we had a blast with them.

a friend of mine works for them, I have no idea what the operation is like, but she is a hoot.

PhilippeD:
Hello!

I did hear about a hotel and a dive school called Sand Dollars in Cozumel.

Does anybody know a link or even had a stay there?

Thank you!

PhillippeD.............I dont think Cozumel is in South America. You might ask that your thread be moved to Cozumel sub CAT of Mexico located in North America Section.

@ all
If the food is boring......I wont get to fat! :) But if I hear that there is no Nitrox Analyzer available....that is hard to take.

Concerning Sand Dollar.....hmmmm.....I am not really interested in Sand Dollar......much more in a blond, beautiful Divemaster which is or even was employed there. ;-) On a pic, she did look very.....sweet.
To dive with this Divemaster would be fine....is she still there? I think she is from Holland.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom