Cozumel - Report 5/09/2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NINman

Reaction score
First off let me start with saying that my wife and I took a Cruise out of Miami with the NCL SUN and we stopped in Grand Cayman, Rotan, Belize, and Cozumel. I only dove in Cozumel, but did snorkel in all ports but Belize which we did some great Cave Tubing. More on that review later!!! =)

Cozumel: Eagle Ray Divers (Dive Op)

Divemaster: Luis
Divemaster/owner: Antonio

Arrived in port at around 7:00am was on the pier and on our way to get a cab at around 8:30. We were at the boat at 8:40am. I was first teamed up with another fellow diver, which worked out well. We both can SUCK down an 80cf at about the same rate. Because of a last min booking of a group of around 10 snorkelers we got stuck with a slow powered sailboat. Even though it was small we still had a enough room to get ready and Luis really knows how to make use out of the limited space. We had to stop and pick up 3 other divers and another snorkeler. We were in the water by 11:00am

Colombia Reef/Wall
------------------------

Max Depth: 92feet
Vis: 100+
Bottom Time: 27min w/5min safety at 15feet
Type of Dive: Drift/Boat
Current: Mild
Surf: Mild-None

This was my first ocean dive and man was I impressed!!! Coral Head that was 50feet high. Saw lots of fish, a turtle. Sorry about being not so descriptive, but because I was a little nervous and was just at awe It seemed like a blur. I was worried about being under weighted, but 15# with a 2mil shorty was just right. I was able to stick at 15feet with out any problems. I did get a few shots with my Olympus camera, but only about 3. FORGOT TO CHANGE BAT!!!!

Pasa del Cedral (Cedar Pass)
------------------------------------

Max Depth: 62feet
Vis: 100+
Bottom Time: 43min w/5min safety at 15feet
Type of Dive: Drift/Boat
Current: Strong
Surf: Mild-No

This time I had some fresh bats. Will post a website soon with the pictures. This reef wasn't as tall as the other one, but was just as impressive. Reminded me of rolling hills. Saw another turtle and a barracuda (Nice Pic), lots of Fish, and a good size grouper. I really need to get an identification card so I can name some of the other fish. This was a nice and easy dive. We just let the current take us along. I wasn't as nervous, but still sucked down that tank. Oh well.

Getting in and out of the water was simple. The Capt. helped with a rope that was looped around your tank valve. Wish I caught his name. My wife snorkeled around with another woman and Antonio guided them around. He had a bad cold and could not dive. I felt bad for him, but heck he lives there right?. I also got a chance to snorkel a bit between dives, which was great. Saw a good size Sting Ray and was just amazed at the vis compared to the diving I do in upstate New York.

Well that’s about it. Hope you enjoyed my review and I must stop now that my hand hurts from typing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom