Cozumel recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g*love

New
Reaction score
Can someone provide me with some dive site recommendations. We're new divers (15 dives). How is the diving around San Francisco Beach?
Thanks!

To dive in the Marine Park will require you to be accompanied by a DM. Most if not all dives are drift dives and the sites are chosen by you and the DM based on experience, weather conditions and distance.

Also, it is recommended that you have a SMB, whistle and mirror.

Regards,
Dave (aka "Squirt")

You'll probably get more responses in the Cozumel section of this forum. PM a MOD and ask them to move it for you.

I recall my DiveMaster mentioning San Francisco beach was heavily damaged by the last hurricane. Go with a good dive op (e.g., Aldora, Blue XT, Deep Blue, Dive with Martin,...etc etc) they'll take care of everything (boat ride, Divemaster/guide + pick the dive site most suited for your group).
Good luck and dive safely.

San Francisco Beach is sand and therefore no reef close in, San Francisco Wall is accessible by boat and is one step away from magnificent. Some sand damage still visible from Wilma but improving all the time. Aqua Connection is excellent with new divers and offers a newly redesigned boat which is comfortable and dry. www.aquaconnection.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom