Cozumel photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmasin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from Cozumel. Got quite a few photos this trip.

Jonathan Masin Photography | Cozumel 2011

I finally got a [good] pic of a Splendid Toadfish!

All shot with a Canon G10 with Canon's housing and a Sea and Sea YS-01 external strobe.

p677014494-4.jpg

Cheers!

Really enjoyed it. You got some good close-ups. I enjoyed that flamingo tongue, one of the last shots.

Richard.

Nice photos.

I'll be heading to Cozumel for my first time this weekend. Any recommended sites for someone looking to take a few photos?

Thanks for the comments!

TightLines,

In my opinion it's all good down there. Different sites have different strengths, macro vs. larger stuff. Palancar and Paradise are the two big reefs that I visit alot. Palancar Gardens has a few swimthroughs, a wall and then shallower reef, but mainly bigger stuff there. For small stuff IMHO you can't beat Paradise reef. We saw no fewer than 5 different seahorses between the 1st and 2nd sections of Paradise reef (counting south to north).

The biggest challenge with Cozy and photos is the current, I was swimming my A off to stay in place to take the toadfish shot because the reef there was parallel to the current, so nowhere to drop in and chill.

Have fun on your trip!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom