Cozumel photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian L

Reaction score
My wife and I are travelling to Cozumel (staying at Brisas) for the first time in mid March, and plan to do lots of diving. I'm a keen underwater photographer, and am wondering if there are any dive operators/dive masters that come highly recommended for pointing out those hard-to-find critters... frogfish, seahorses, etc. Small dive groups would obviously be a big bonus as well. Looking forward to seeing my first toadfish!!!

Thanks,
Brian

Dive with Blue Angels. The max number of divers we experienced with them was 8. Usually there was only 4-6 divers. All of their boats are small. No camera rinse tank. But if you request it, they will bring a bucket for your cameras. Not high tech but it worked. Ramon was a great divemaster that would permit the freedom of stopping for pictures. Remember, Coz diving is all drift diving. to many of the divemasters go through great pains to keep all the divers in a group. Some of them don't appreciate the photographer in the group stopping for a shot. Tell Ramon what you are looking for.
There is a camera shop next to the La Ceiba hotel. They are great folks and specialize in underwater photo. They have the gear and will develope you film overnight. Price is not bad. I cannot remember their name but they are well known in the diver community.

How was your trip?

What happened? Did you get your photo?

I'm going next month and am bringing a digital housing. Will let ya know how it goes...

Yes, the shop in El Cid/La Ceiba is excellent, and the husband & wife team that run it, Holly & Armando Alentado, are very nice. It's called Island Photo.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Island Photo at El Cid charges $55 1/2 day for the digital camera setup. Comes with Strobe and they burn your shots to CD when you return to the shop. Armando is very nice and helpful. Will see him a week from today!

all4diving

:sharky:

Back
Top Bottom