Cozumel: Park Royal & Aqua World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm on the verge of booking a trip to Cozumel. Found a good deal at the Park Royal. The hotel has some excellent reviews lately, but I haven't been able to find out much about the diving there.

Does anyone know whether the pier is finished?

Is there shore diving at the hotel?

Is Aqua World, their onsite dive op, good? (I had a bad experience with them, but that was a long time ago)

How much trouble, expense, and time would it take to use a different dive op if we were staying at the Park Royal?

I'd appreciate answers to any of my questions and/or any other information or suggestions.

I would suggest posting this in the Cozumel forum, you will get much better results. Some searches in that forum may produce answers as well.

Using a different dive op on Coz is no problem or extra expense. Just about all dive ops will pick you up at any resort or hotel pier at no extra expense to you. The only exception is if you are staying far to the north, the ops don't want to waste the gas and time to go north and turn around and go back south to the reefs. But there are not many places to stay to the norh. If you are looking for a smaller, more personalized dive op, let me know, I can make some reccomendations. I have dove there in both January and March of this year. The diving was great. Good luck.

Aqua world is the worst dive operator in cozumel. Try dive paridise, aqua safari or somebody competant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom