Cozumel or Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leoncito

Reaction score
Hi! I am a german guy living in Monterrey/Mexico and I am lucky to have one week off at the end of february to go diving.

After some disappointing experience on the pacific coast I now really want to go to the best spot which Mexico has to offer for diving.
Everybody is talking about Cozumel, but I would also like to have the experience of cenotes diving which are accesible from Playa del Carmen.

What is better: Staying in Cozumel and make a day trip to the cenotes, or staying in Playa del Carmen, dive there and maybe make a day trip to Cozumel from there????

Thanks in advance!
Gerhard

I would base it on how much diving your planning. If you intend to do a bunch of ocean dives, then I would stay in Coz and just take the ferry over to Playa for a day in the Cenotes.

:cheers:

Gerhard,
Stay in Playa, look up Scuba Libre down close to the beach on Calle 4 and 5th. The owner is Dante and they have a cave certified dive master named Peter. He speaks 5 languages fluently including German and they will give you a great trip to a cenote. The wife and I dove with them back in March and they are great. You can contact Dante at "scubadante@yahoo.com" Tell them you heard about them from Bill and Stacy from Colorado.
Good Luck and enjoy.

You can't go wrong. I tried Puerto Vallarta last year but the Mexican Carribian is the place to be.
This year I went to Coz and would go back at a moments notice but I would like to try the Playa area some time. I took a day trip to the cenote Chac Mal from Cancun about three years ago, found the cenotes interesting but I wouldn't trade it for my time on the reefs.
By the way the divemaster I dove with in the cenote was Dutch, he too spoke many languages although his Italian wasn't to good. You meet many many interesting people when you dive.:froggy: :froggy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom