Cozumel or Bust

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue_Heaven

Registered
Reaction score
First I want to say thank you to Kevin (sorry I don't know your screen name) for emailing me about this site. Anywho, I'm new to diving so I don't have a diving buddy yet. However, I was wondering if anyone is interested in Coz for June? The more the merrier. If you have any tips for diving in Coz it would be appreciated too. I am planning to go to Athens and Terrell for a few short dives to practice... need a buddy for this too. Interested? Email me..... One more question.... Why aren't there very many women in this sport? Not all women are sissies, right?

Stacylynn

"Girls just wanna dive!!!!"

Blue,

First of all welcome. Gald to have you here on the boards.

Kevin is probably Truckdriver on the board.

We have a very active group in the DFW area. Check this link for a calendar. http://www.scubaboard.com/t5599/s.html We will be out at Terrell almost every weekend once the water warms up a little. TexasMike and CavernQT both have their own dry suits so they may be out there more often. Cavern is a really nice lady.

We have a trip going to Coz in October that there is still space available. I'm the organizer on that one and I'll have air fares within the next 6 weeks or so I hope.Try here for more info. http://www.scubaboard.com/t5875/s.html We have a few trips headed to Travis and will probably go to PK a time or two. If you want to dive just speak up and you can probably find someone around here to go.

I look forward to meeting up at a spot to get wet,

Tom

Welcome to the Board. There's not much to add to what Tom said. I'm in the Houston area and we've got quite a few board members here who have beem meeting regularly. We hope to do that around water soon! Feel free to join us any time.

Hi and welcome to the board.
According to the editor of "Dive Training" magazine, this is what he says on the men/ women divers stats.
"The certified divers out there are now 75% male and 25% female."
I talked to him on the phone a few months back, so it probably hasn't changed much.
Love to see more women too!
:gorgeous:

Blue_Heaven,

From one noob to another... welcome to the group. I too find myself in search of a good dive buddy. Where do you live? I am in Austin so if you are close by let me know and we can arrange a "get to know ya" dive at Travis or something.

In any case... glad to see someone newer than I am... <grin>

BubbleSlinger

Hi Blue_Heaven

Not the newest poster here but one of the new divers. Still
waiting on the water to warm to begin Ow class.
You will have fun and learn a lot on this site.

Randy

I can't believe I forgot to give you the link to the board, or did I? Was the water cold at Athens, and I reckon you're a certified bubble blower now, congrats! I think the next TSDT meeting is the third weekend of March at Clear Springs and if I'm not in Austin doing my cert. dives, maybe we can hook up and drive and dive. There are a GREAT bunch of guys and gals in the Swampsters and I'm sure you'll have a blast.

tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom