Cozumel in early to mid January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidguy

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Could anybody tell me what the weather is like in January in Coz?? I found one reference noting water temp is in the high 70's. Last year I was in COz in Dec, nice weather, air temp low to mid 80's, water temp around 80, one quick mid morning shower (more like a fine heavy mist), cool evenings and mornings.... is January any different????

Last January - second week - water temp +/- 80F - air a bit warmer; we had heavy seas for the first 2 days but then it calmed down to perfection. 200' viz. Went home with evidence of days in the sun and wonderful memories. Can't wait for the trip this coming January!!!!!

Squidguy,

My dive logs for the last three years indicate that the air temp was 82-85 deg F and the water temps were 77 to 80 deg F in late Dec/early Jan. The majority of the water temps were in the high 70's. You see a lot of 3mm wetsuits and a smattering of 5mm suits, as well.

One bonus when diving Coz in January is that is Spotted Eagle Ray time. I have seen as many as 20 at one time!

Scorpionfish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom