Cozumel eats...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squarepants

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone remember which thread has all of the input & opinions on eateries around town? Searched, but no real luck. It seems like I can remember seeing a whole bunch of posts about favorite restaurants, etc.

We are hoping to find a few of the less expensive "gems" that are authentic w/good drinks. We'll try to get over to the wild side for Mezcalito's one day, but I'm sure I remember a thread of fave restaurants.

Personal favorites:
La Chosa - especially the "salsa rico" as we like to call it - the golden salsa they serve with their tortillas, as well as anything seafood.
El Moro - equally good- off the tourista beaten track on Calle 75 (I think)
Pancho's Backyard - great but very popular

My husband and I enjoyed Panchos Backyard. The food, service, and atmosphere was very good. I can't say it is cheap to eat there, but it was reasonable. We spent about $35 including tip when we went there. There were a couple of backroad places we tried, but can't remember the names of them. I can say that all of the places we ate in town were so much better than the food at resort (Brisas).

Enjoy!

squarepants once bubbled...
Can anyone remember which thread has all of the input & opinions on eateries around town? Searched, but no real luck. It seems like I can remember seeing a whole bunch of posts about favorite restaurants, etc.

We are hoping to find a few of the less expensive "gems" that are authentic w/good drinks. We'll try to get over to the wild side for Mezcalito's one day, but I'm sure I remember a thread of fave restaurants.

Over on the wild side there is a spot called Chen Rio, where there is a sheltered swimming hole, and the fried whole snapper is the best food I have found over on that side of the island. Be careful of the orange pieces in their hot sauce, though; that's chunks of very potent Habenero. Whoo!

Once again Doc thanks. Did not find this before I started a new thread. Sorry folks but hey some of the posts are two years old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom