Cozumel Dive shop report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be calling, and posting back here.

teog:
why would you attack your only source of income?

I personally am no longer involved in the dive industry, and I believe that "attack" is hardly what I am doing, I am challenging your information, not even you, but your information, I have not insulted you nor called your names. Furthermore I will add that a picture of you at Puerto de Abrigo proves only that you have been there, does not necessarily prove what you are claiming. Me personally, if I book a trip, show up, and get stood up, 30 minutes is the most I could wait before going to make phone calls and doing something about it, I would not sit anywhere for 2 hours waiting, but that's just me....

I am 29yrs old and have been diving since i was 12, my age and patience has nothing to do with the unproffesionalism and lack of courtesy of Scuba Du. When you're in an unfamiliar city/country with out a phone you are stuck and must rely on another persons word.

Believe me I loved my stay in Cozumel after this ordeal and plan to return in the spring as mentioned. I had an awesome time with Scuba Cozumel and appreciated their proffesionalism. I have no problems with 99.9% of Cozumel diver operators, just the ones that are rude, unproffesional, incompetent.

Regardless of whether or not Scuba Du closed, the facts are the facts. If they are open and I was lied to by people in Cozumel makes the matter worse since they left us at the dock. I had a prearranged dive trip and they didnt show. They left a paying client at a dock, this is unexceptable by anyone standards.

CozumelAntonio -Tourisim is one of Cozumel largest industries, and what do you think I was? If it isnt, why is the government in such a rush to rebuild the hotels and get the cruise lines back there? Why would YOU build a website to sell Cozumel items?

All it takes is a phone call to Vanessa or Choco to validate this whole post. Could someone please do that?

Folks,

Let's keep this peaceful and on track. It sounds to me as if someone dropped the ball on the time and date of the meeting. These things do happen. They are much more critical on a "one-shot" basis, but.....they do happen....and to all of us at one time or another.

In any case, let us all, if we wish to continue discussing this in the public forum, be exceedingly polite. It is, after all, Christmas!

To that end, Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad to all! :christmas

As we say in the Republic of Tejas: "Nuff said, amigos!"

R. Davie
SB Staff

teog:
Believe me I loved my stay in Cozumel after this ordeal and plan to return in the spring as mentioned. I had an awesome time with Scuba Cozumel and appreciated their proffesionalism. I have no problems with 99.9% of Cozumel diver operators, just the ones that are rude, unproffesional, incompetent.
Teog - sorry you had such a miserable experience on your trip, but it sounds like Scuba Club Cozumel has now found a new fan ... I see it all as a matter of circumstance & perception ... a few years ago I had a similar miserable experience with a pre-booked & confirmed dive - with Scuba Club. I will never go back to dive with them. But I can say that many people swear by them - and that now includes you! Same goes for your experience with Scuba Du. It's upsetting & infuriating at the time, but the best thing to do is move on. Hopefully you'll get an apology or an explanation (I did after a bit.) Focus on that next great dive trip, and chalk this up to bad luck .....

Have a terrific Christmas, and Happy Diving!!

I have looked into it, and indeed Scuba Du dropped the ball on the 19th. Someone wasn't informed of the reservation, and preparations were not made. This unfortunate incident was exacerbated and perhaps caused by more than one disgruntled employee. Things are tough for many here, and unpopular decisions must be made when facing 12 months until the hotel your shop is located at opens again. Scuba Du will reopen at El Presidente, but for now is operating with a skeleton crew out of the harbor. The owner was out of the island for a couple weeks, returned the weekend before the 19th, and was not informed of the reservation. He was quite upset when he found out that people had been left standing there, considering the almost non-existent amount of dive trips lately. The owner himself is now taking care of all emails, to ensure this does not happen again scubadu@cozumel.net info@scubadu.com

I'd like to reiterate that I am not employed by Scuba Du, nor any dive shop.

Nuff said...

PS Feliz Navidad to all...

I would like to publicly thank Christi and Antonio for their work on our behalf in getting to the facts of this case. Both of them freely volunteered to investigate and pass on the facts to us. I would hope that, now that communication has been established between Scuba Du and Teog, things will be smoothed out between them.

Again, on behalf of the Scuba Board Staff, thanks, and Feliz Navidad to all. :christmas

R. Davie
SB Staff

Just as a further note, Christi is to be complemented especially, because she took it upon herself to be an ombudsman (ombudswoman in this case) yet again, and to help sort it out on her own time. Again, we thank you.

R. Davie
SB Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom