Cozumel Aug 5-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hooked4Life

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This is my second trip with the C5050 and my skills are improving. Next trip will have to be with a strobe. :wink: I will post some of the pics that I really liked and the rest are on my web site ScubaStruck There was a lot of sand in the water and on most dives the current was cooperating.

500cozumel_08_2005_242.JPG

500cozumel_08_2005_310.JPG

500cozumel_08_2005_422.JPG

500cozumel_08_2005_443.JPG

500cozumel_08_2005_457.JPG

500cozumel_08_2005_548.JPG

Looks like a great trip with lots to see. Thanks for posting so we could share the adventure. The cenotes look terrific.

Love the textures/patterns in the first posted shot! Great job.

Looks like a fabulous trip.

? Are you shooting in RAW? If not, switch! You'll have a lot more control of your images in post-processing - which is handy with or without a strobe!

Great pics.

How were the conditions? I was concerned that Hurricane Emily would have things still stirred up. I'm going in Late August.

alcina:
Love the textures/patterns in the first posted shot! Great job.

Looks like a fabulous trip.

? Are you shooting in RAW? If not, switch! You'll have a lot more control of your images in post-processing - which is handy with or without a strobe!

Thanks.. I love taking coral shots.

I am not using RAW. I know that the file sizes are huge in RAW but are there any drawbacks? Can you view RAW files on a MAC?

becausewe:
Great pics.

How were the conditions? I was concerned that Hurricane Emily would have things still stirred up. I'm going in Late August.

Viz was around 80 ft which was very disapointing. I was there in march and the viz was 120+ feet. Also the current was pretty strong last week on the deeper dives. I was very dissapointed at the viz/current at some of my favorite dives: Palancar Caves, Columbia. The sand was stirred up for sure.

Hooked4Life:
I am not using RAW. I know that the file sizes are huge in RAW but are there any drawbacks? Can you view RAW files on a MAC?

Photoshop CS or CS2 on the Mac will convert RAW files. Unfortunately, the RAW support in iPhoto includes the 7070 & 8080 but not 5050.

I shoot in RAW. When I made the switch, I bought a 2Gig CF card so that I can still get a few hundred pictures on the card. It takes a little more effort to do the initial viewing of the photos you've taken, but it is much easier do any retouching to the keepers.

-Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom