coz shore diving at night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munkispank once bubbled...
thanks for the advice everyone- I have emailed a few more operators now-sounds good though. I have some things to go on now and will definately pack my dive light!!!

Pack it anyway. I take a light on virtually all Coz dives; it's handy for peering into crevices on walls, coral heads, and swimthroughs.

Also, snorkeling at night behind the hotel is fun, especially if you have non-divers in your group who snorkel.

Thanks for all the advice from evryone- heres an update on the email replies I have recieved.

Dive paradise said they allow shore dives as long as they are open- not really at night-unless you pay for a guide as they have to have someone in the store to monitor the radio until the diver gets back. I am not sure if this is new- or just something they say to dissuade people.

Aqua Safari said yes- and they will rent a locker overnight for tank storage, as another poster mentioned.

Blue Angel said no, Dive palancar said no, Scuba du said no, and i have yet to hear from 3 others.

I am happy though, at least I have found one operator that is willing- thanks to all you experts out there!

I am very surprised that Blue Angel said no; I have gotten tanks from them, dived the shore there, and turned the tanks in the next day on several occasions. I was (as always) staying at the hotel there (was Lorena, now Caribe Blu), so maybe that had something to do with it.

I hope that their policy hasn't changed; it's something I really enjoy doing.

Last month my wife and I did five shore dives in front of the VillaBlanca, including a night dive. In 13 trips to Cozumel, this is the best shore- dive location I have found. Papa Hogs's is the on-site dive operator. The easiest entry is a giant stride off the end of the pier.

awap once bubbled...
Scuba Club Cozumel: You pick up your tanks before they close for the day (7 pm) and store in locker. After I got tired of the 9pm dive, I tried one at midnight. And then another at 5am. When you are done, you just leave the tanks by the lockers and they collect after the boats leave.
And if you forget to check out a tank, just go down to the "empties" pile and find a heavy one. I stopped bothering to go get a tank once I found that there were always some with 1200+ psi from people that did a quick buoyancy check. How much more do you need for 22'? :D

Another popular night dive for Scuba Club Cozumel or Plaza Las Gloria guest is the "lighthouse taxi dive". Grab a taxi to the small beach by the lighthouse at the end of the submarine electrical cable. Just hop in and drift back home.

That submarine cable is plainly visible at the wall, as is the buoy that marks the point where it goes over into the abyss. It's a good indicator if you've drifted the wall down from Villblanca and want to get out at the lighthouse. It runs into shore at about a 45 degree angle, so following it in is an easily swimmable course.

can you repost the link travelem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom