coz shore diving at night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munkispank

Contributor
Reaction score
I have read al lthe posts about the limited shore diving on coz. I am fond of shore diving nad willbe trying out a few spots, however, i am hitting blanks with dive operators for night dives from shre. Does no bodya llow this?
I have had 4 operators email me back saying they don't allow it at their resort- I have asked if I can rent tanks over night but they have given me a no.
Does anyone have any ideas?

I know you can shore dive at Plaza Las Glorias and get tanks at Aqua Safari located in the hotel and The Barracuda Hotel you can shore dive. Dive Paradise in on site there. i did two shore dives at the Barracuda. There a junk pile off shore with a nice variety of small fish.
Hope this is helpful

thanks scubajim- did you get any tanks at night? I have emailed aqua safari- about shore night dives but have yet to get a response.

I am pretty sure you can do night dives off the shore of Hotel Brisas. When we were there we talked to some people who
had done a night dive off the shore there. Dive Paradise is on site. You might e-mail them and ask to be sure.

munkispank once bubbled...
I have read al lthe posts about the limited shore diving on coz. I am fond of shore diving nad willbe trying out a few spots, however, i am hitting blanks with dive operators for night dives from shre. Does no bodya llow this?
I have had 4 operators email me back saying they don't allow it at their resort- I have asked if I can rent tanks over night but they have given me a no.
Does anyone have any ideas?

You can shore dive at night from the Blue Angel dive shop at Hotel Caribe Blu (formerly Lorena). They sometimes take groups out with a DM (they are the only shop that I know of that does this at night, emphasis on the "that I know of"), or you can go it alone.

You also can from the dive shop near what was La Ceiba; I've heard that there's lots to see out at what used to be a plane and under the part of the cruise ship dock that's close to shore. I think you also can shore dive at night from Villablanca.

You pick up your tanks before they close for the day (7 pm) and store in locker. After I got tired of the 9pm dive, I tried one at midnight. And then another at 5am. When you are done, you just leave the tanks by the lockers and they collect after the boats leave.

We signed up for a dive at Dive Paradise at 10:30pm I think they were open til 11pm.You can get tanks at their Barracuda training Center

Jim

thanks for the advice everyone- I have emailed a few more operators now-sounds good though. I have some things to go on now and will definately pack my dive light!!!

you can do a nice dive in front of Le Ceiba hotel to the plane wreck

And, it's in a pleasant sheltered cove with a small sunken barge.

Best reagrds.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom