Coz... Religious Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmyersfam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay, so I know that I'm a rookie at this, and this was my first "blue water" dive, but I just got back from the most incredible experience in my life.

We traveled to Cozumel last Thrusday, and dove four dives on Friday and four on Saturday. We used Xtabay Dive shop, and was extremely impressed with their knowledge, experience, and ease to work with.

Friday-

Dive #1-We dove Columbia. (86ft. for 35min.) This was my first blue water dive and couldn't tell you what kind of fish I saw. All I could think was, "Oh, my God! This is the most beautiful environment that I've ever seen!" I was so excited and was breathing so hard, my son and I ran out of air before the others.

Dive #2-San Francisco. (61 ft. for 39 min.)

Dive #3- Santa Rosa Wall. (83ft. for 32 min.) The contrast between the deep blue drop off and the towering coral formations was breath taking. I saw a huge gruper, sting ray, sea turtle, and tons of fish of all types.

Dive #4- Night dive at Chankanaab. (48 ft. for 44 min.) We saw octopus, moray eel, sharp tail eel, huge lobster, and several eagle rays.

Saturday-

Dive #1-Puntal Sur, Devil's Throat. (126 ft. for 26 min.) The Devil's Throal was incredible. I'm normally claustrophobic, but his cave's exit over the abyss was worth it all.

Dive #2-Yocab (51 ft. for 48 min.)

Dive #3-El Paso Del Cedral (70 ft. for 40 min.) We saw several nurse sharks, toad fish, and puffer fish

Dive #4- Paradise Reef. (27 ft. for 48 min.) We saw our guide feed a moray eel a dead fish he found, octopus, eagle rays, King crab, scorpion fish.

Needless to say we were wasted by the end of each day. Dario with Xtabay was wonderful. It was a small boat and he catered to the wishes of the divers and took very good care of us.

We stayed at the Brisas and was very impressed with the rooms, service, and ease of use for divers.

They shouldn't call diving in lakes scuba diving, because this was a wholly different experience. They should be referred to as "dirt" diving and scuba diving...respectfully.

Thank you guys for all your insight and shared knowledge. I'm officially addicted.

:clapping:

jmyersfam once bubbled...
Dive #1-Puntal Sur, Devil's Throat. (126 ft. for 26 min.) The Devil's Throal was incredible. I'm normally claustrophobic, but his cave's exit over the abyss was worth it all.
My favorite dive of my trip. You hit 126ft ehh? We exited at about 117.
Here's a shot... I had no idea my mask had that much water in it... tells you a bit about narcosis doesn't it :)

Coz.....It's like an out of body experience. You did some of the most outstanding dives on your very first trip. Way to go. Now you are going to have to have a steady diet of Coz as are the rest of us. Can't wait til May when we go back. Glad you had a great time.

jmyersfam once bubbled...
Okay, so I know that I'm a rookie at this, and this was my first "blue water" dive. . .

I do hope that you have a considerable number of lake dives under your belt. Punta Sur is definitely not a novice dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom