Trip Report Coz Palace/AquaSafari & Fiesta Americana & Scuba With Alison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another issue with that is when drift diving, people at different depths often drift at different rates. Which someone explained to me...after I got back from my Cozumel trip. Better late than never...o_O
All too true. For example, a couple of years ago during a dive on Cedral in strong current my wife burned through a lot of air and NDL time trying to get a photo of a nurse shark. We decided to ascend a bit to conserve air and offgas, and it was off to the races. It's a good thing I had my SMB; I never dive without it.

You on Nitrox?

When we were at AquaSafari we did not dive nitrox (we dove 3 days of 50-60 minute dives, with breaks in between). With Alison's boat we dove nitrox the first day, air the second day, and nitrox every day after. I think we discovered after that day of air with Alison's boat, with the long dives, we were wiped out and useless for the rest of the day. The following nitrox days we had energy to enjoy our vacation.

Week 1 – December 3-10 – stayed at Cozumel Palace and did three days of diving with AquaSafari. We lost a day to a norte. Diving was great; nice boats; great crew; love Mariano, Shamir and Daniel (and Yami, who helped organize the boats from dry land). The Palace was, as always, very nice. Covid precautions included staff wearing masks at all times, on and off boats; a tray of sanitizer to step into, with a felt mat to dry your feet as you entered the hotel; they misted your luggage with sanitizer before they brought it in; hand sanitizer offered as you entered each restaurant; staff constantly cleaning.

Week 2 – December 11-18 – stayed at Fiesta Americana and dove with Scuba with Alison. I have more to say about this because it was our first at this resort and our first ‘fast boat’ diving.

We just missed you at the Palace but maybe saw you underwater, lol. We were there December 11-21and couldn't have asked for better weather. I'm surprised you only lost one day your first week, we heard people lost several days. I also saw the port was closed some Christmas week and the weather, while not St. Louis cold in the 20's, was a cool low 70's. We were very lucky.

We just missed you at the Palace but maybe saw you underwater, lol. We were there December 11-21and couldn't have asked for better weather. I'm surprised you only lost one day your first week, we heard people lost several days. I also saw the port was closed some Christmas week and the weather, while not St. Louis cold in the 20's, was a cool low 70's. We were very lucky.

We saw a couple of AquaSafari boats when we were out on the Maximus - I'll bet if we compared dive logs we were on the same sites once or twice! Rather than 'small world' I guess it's 'small ocean'!

Back
Top Bottom