Coz Food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocVikingo:
LaCocay in the Corpus Cristi area is very arguably the best food & restaurant on the island. Make reservations & dress neatly.

Guidos' (nee Pizza Rolandi's) on the waterfront drag is a long time favorite of locals & visitors.

For more casual fare, Especias & a new lunch place called Sabores, both just off the plaza, are excellent.

Have fun.

DocVikingo
Doc how far and taxi $ seafood or what else?

It was right downtown and on the second floor ( sorry cant remember the name) but this guy with a Boda Bag with Wine was going around to unsuspecting customers and filling there mouths up with wine and I'm sawy :ne_nau: I dont remember much after that? But your gona have FUN trust me.

Mike

As you didn't indicate where you are staying, I can't advise on cab fare, but none of these recommendations is remote.

Especias is on the SE corner of the main plaza, Sarbores is a few blocks to the S, and Guido's is a few blocks to the N right on the water front road (Melgar).

La CoCay is the only one for which you might want to take a cab. From the plaza, I'd guess about $3.

Pricewise (by Coz standards, of course):

LaCocay - Expensive but worth it
Guido's -- Moderate
Especias -- Moderate
Sabores -- A True Bargain

Have fun.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
As you didn't indicate where you are staying, I can't advise on cab fare, but none of these recommendations is remote.

Especias is on the SE corner of the main plaza, Sarbores is a few blocks to the S, and Guido's is a few blocks to the N right on the water front road (Melgar).

La CoCay is the only one for which you might want to take a cab. From the plaza, I'd guess about $3.

Pricewise (by Coz standards, of course):

LaCocay - Expensive but worth it
Guido's -- Moderate
Especias -- Moderate
Sabores -- A True Bargain

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Listen to the good doctor he knows whereof he speaks.

GotAir:
It was right downtown and on the second floor ( sorry cant remember the name) but this guy with a Boda Bag with Wine was going around to unsuspecting customers and filling there mouths up with wine and I'm sawy :ne_nau: I dont remember much after that? But your gona have FUN trust me.

That would most likely have been Carlos n' Charlie's. It's not there any more, having gone upscale in a new location in Puta Langosta, the mall across the street from the in town cruise ship dock. It ain't what it used to be; it's more for the cruseros now. There are plenty of great places on Cozumel, but CnC's isn't one of them any more, sad to say. IMO, of course.

Thanks we rented a two bedroom apt in town some where I have a map thats it.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but after reading everything about cozumel, the amazing diving, good drinks/cocktails....i.e. margaritas! I'm getting really excited to go. We have been all over Mexico in other areas but never cozumel.

This will be our first trip really concentrating on diving and I'm wondering about the following:

My wife and I definitely like to enjoy the local drink (nightly, I might add!) but I'm worried about getting too tanked then getting up early to dive. I'm not speaking like we're going to be irresponsible but what has been your experiences with this?

Do most of you not drink at all before morning dives?

ggunn:
That would most likely have been Carlos n' Charlie's. It's not there any more, having gone upscale in a new location in Puta Langosta, the mall across the street from the in town cruise ship dock. It ain't what it used to be; it's more for the cruseros now. There are plenty of great places on Cozumel, but CnC's isn't one of them any more, sad to say. IMO, of course.

Totally agree on the CnC move. Had a lot of great times in the old location pre-mass cruise ship invasion. Half the fun of the old place was trying to get down that stairway without breaking your neck.

Now its just an overpriced stopover for boat people to catch a quick buzz. Not even close to the same thing.

DRSmith:
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but after reading everything about cozumel, the amazing diving, good drinks/cocktails....i.e. margaritas! I'm getting really excited to go. We have been all over Mexico in other areas but never cozumel.

This will be our first trip really concentrating on diving and I'm wondering about the following:

My wife and I definitely like to enjoy the local drink (nightly, I might add!) but I'm worried about getting too tanked then getting up early to dive. I'm not speaking like we're going to be irresponsible but what has been your experiences with this?

I assume that you mean the night before, not in the morning right before getting on the boat, right? My rule of thumb is that if I drink enough alcohol the night before to have even a trace of a hangover in the morning, I've overdone it for diving. Part of being hung over is due to dehydration, and dehydration increases the risk of DCS.

I have extended my rule to never drink so much on vacation that I am hung over the next day, diving or not; vacation time is far too precious to waste feeling bad.

DRSmith:
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but after reading everything about cozumel, the amazing diving, good drinks/cocktails....i.e.
margaritas! I'm getting really excited to go. We have been all over Mexico in other areas but never cozumel.

If you plan on getting snockered every night book afternoon dives. You could sleep until noon and catch a 1:00pm boat. Of course if it's rough the boat ride could be interesting. :sick:
:sun_smile

Back
Top Bottom