Coz Food?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
It has been awhile since I have been to Cozumel but going in Feb. Would like restaurant recomedations before I leave to avoid the bad places. Can anyone give me some good recomedations and see if a pattern developes? Feel free with watering hole locations also.

Do a search in Mexico for Rest. and you'll find so many lists you can't read them all. The only other post that rivals this topic would probably be dive operators. Good Luck and you'll find a bunch of great places to eat. PM me and I'll send you my list.

How about have each person pick only one?
Mine would be 'Poncho's Backyard'..if I could only pick one.

La Choza
La Parillo
Ernestos
Santiagos..if it's still open
French Quarter.... if you're homesick for home cooking. The owner, Mike, is from New Orleans and will cook you anything 'american' you want.

Natasha:
How about have each person pick only one?
Mine would be 'Poncho's Backyard'..if I could only pick one.

Nah, I couldn't do that! ;^)

El Capi Navigante
La Choza
Prima
Sonora
Santiago's
Casa Denis
Pancho's Backyard
Morena
Palmeras (ask for broiled octopus - not on the menu)
El Moro
Los Moros del Morritos
Chen Rio (over on the "wild side")
Paradise Cafe (ditto)

EL Morrito and Los Serras

El Morrito is on 6th 1/2 a block fron the water. The prices here are great and is just a realy great "hole in the wall". Good selection of food patronized by many locals.

Los Serras is on 35th street and is your basic taco stand for between $0.60 to $1.50 you get choice of tacos. Nice place to go after the bars. Again many locals.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I will run with the ones that several mentioned. I only have 10 days there will try to hit most of them.

Prima or Primera. I forgot the exact name.
Do yourself a big favor and go there.
It is on a side street off the main road.
a Half block up from club Viva Mexico.
GREAT FOOD! FRIENDLY PRICES!

You will love it.

LaCocay in the Corpus Cristi area is very arguably the best food & restaurant on the island. Make reservations & dress neatly.

Guidos' (nee Pizza Rolandi's) on the waterfront drag is a long time favorite of locals & visitors.

For more casual fare, Especias & a new lunch place called Sabores, both just off the plaza, are excellent.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom