Coz & food report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi y'all you gave me some great restaurants in Coz to try. But had two mishaps. 1) Panchos Backyard-food was ok to fair the place was nice. But I ordered a margarita which was weak and lame only to find out it was called a "Fish Bowl" $8.95 ripoff, ripoff.Go to Plaza Las Glorias from 4pm to 5pm and get a great margarita for alot less pesos. And more friendly personel! 2) Prima well here is what happened we went upstairs behind a young couple and behind us was a group of Cruise Ship Drunks and with LOUD mouths.The couple ordered we ordered and then the Cruise Ship Loud Mouth Drunks. The couple was done eating and were waiting for our food then they feed the Drunks all 16 of them.As we sat and waited. Asked three times where our food was and always got "It is coming" ya right.Well it finally came cold potatoe which could not melt butter and a cold , no room temperature steak, although first bite was good except how could I sit there for so long for a steak that was not hot.Well told them to keep their cold food payed for drinks which they should have comped and left. Not sure why they get the reviews they do? Well I found a great place not listed on the board and will not list it here pm me if you want the name and location. Ya the diving was great the op we used was great Sea Urchin and the currents were ripping at times Barracuda was a rocket ride!! Rented a apt in town walked so much I lost 5 lbs good for my body but will aim for the water next time. It has been twenty years or more since I was last there and I do not like 4 cruise ships there at one time. Coz has really changed and not for the better IMHO. But I remembered the diving!!!!!!

domino22:
Hi y'all you gave me some great restaurants in Coz to try. But had two mishaps. 1) Panchos Backyard-food was ok to fair the place was nice. But I ordered a margarita which was weak and lame only to find out it was called a "Fish Bowl" $8.95 ripoff, ripoff.
[...]
2) Prima well here is what happened we went upstairs behind a young couple and behind us was a group of Cruise Ship Drunks and with LOUD mouths.
[...]
Well I found a great place not listed on the board and will not list it here pm me if you want the name and location.
[...]
Ya the diving was great the op we used was great Sea Urchin and the currents were ripping at times Barracuda was a rocket ride!! Rented a apt in town walked so much I lost 5 lbs good for my body but will aim for the water next time. It has been twenty years or more since I was last there and I do not like 4 cruise ships there at one time. Coz has really changed and not for the better IMHO. But I remembered the diving!!!!!!

I avoid mixed drinks just about everywhere, since hard liquor makes me stoopid and you never can tell exactly what you're getting. Beer is consistent.

Sorry you had a bad experience at Prima; mine have always been better, though knowing it is a popular spot for cruseros, I try to go there when there are few or no ships in port.

Why won't you post the name and location of the place you DID like? With all the Coz regulars in here, chances are we already know about it.

And yes, the Creeping Cancunization of Cozumel is happening, though fairly slowly. It's not happening nearly as fast on the island as it is on the mainland, thank goodness.

Hard to believe you had such a bad experience at Primas. We eat there 2 or 3 times each trip. Only place in Coz we will order Lobster. Has always been oustanding food and service. We always see the same waiters as well which says something for turnover. I am sure the timing issue is the cause of the food situation but that is no excuse. Give them another try and try the lobster/homemade pasta and fresh veggies for $19.95. I never order beef in MX anyway. Very expensive and they don't get the best meat for the money. Pepe's and Sonora Grill serve a decent slab I understand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom