COZ - Dive Palancar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimisurf

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone used or know of any good or bad experiences with Dive Palancar in Cozumel?

Any information would be helpful.

Thank You,

Jimi

JimiSurf...

We went there in March of this year and it was two great dives. Our first dive was to about 80' and the second to about 60'. Lots of reef structure and medium sized "pretty" fish. Saw one nurse shark, a hawkbill turtle as for the biologics....

We went out with Sand Dollar Sports charter, they were awesome, I felt like a king, they loaded my gear on the boat, had snacks and water (because you dont want to just drink any water down there).

All in all they were awesome dives. If you need more specifics post more specific questions and I will try and answer them for you.

Hope this helps...

Sorry I thought you were asking about the Palancar reef itself, my bad.. You were asking about the Dive Palancar operation. No information on that. Sorry.

On the upside, Dive Palancar is professional, safety conscious & orderly with nice, well-equipped boats. It's situated well south & close to many of the best dives, so rides are short & you return to the resort for surface intervals. Can snorkel & do tune up dives right off shore, although there really is not much to see.

On the downside, it's a high volume op with capacity to take many divers, so don't be looking for small, fast 6-pack boat trips. Also, it serves a mixed crowd, including lots of newbies, so expect "lowest common denominator" diving with little leeway for more advanced divers to observe their own profiles. If you are an experienced diver who wants more profile freedom & to see some of the more challenging sites (they don't go north to Barracua, San Juan, etc,), I'd definitely suggest another op, like Aldora or Dive with Martin. Nearly all ops will pick you up at the Allegro dock.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Yes, I'm looking for a more advanced experience. The shop would just be convienent for the hotel that I am looking at. I'll give Dive With Martin a Ring. By Chance have you heard anything about Cozumel King Divers? They offer larger tanks and more "advanced" dives?

Jimi

jimisurf

Check out Aldora - www.aldora.com. Always dive with them. They use 120 cf steel tanks and everyone dives with computers. They do a fantastic job. We never dive less than an hour and sometimes 1.2 hrs on shallow dives. They are higher priced but when you compare bottom times they are cheeper. Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom