Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’d hate to work for you or your company!

It's a great company. And we are 100% remote as well. No one cares where you work from, as long as your connection can support reliable high speed, low latency connections.

People go to alternate locations all the time. But if that place's network connectivity is not reliable, you better get to a place where it is. And if you are barred from re-entry and that is your reason... there is a strong change you'd go back to the bush leagues... Where you would belong.

It's a great company. And we are 100% remote as well. No one cares where you work from, as long as your connection can support reliable high speed, low latency connections.

People go to alternate locations all the time. But if that place's network connectivity is not reliable, you better get to a place where it is. And if you are barred from re-entry and that is your reason... there is a strong change you'd go back to the bush leagues... Where you would belong.
So your employees work from home and if their internet went out due to meteorology conditions for more than a day say, you fire them? Cause....they decided to live in an environment where weather can affect one's internet access?

Hard not to crow when you've worked, planned, arranged to put yourself in that position. I feel ya, Dan. :) Folks keep telling me I'm lucky...I used to try and explain, anymore I just smile.

Planning and work notwithstanding, luck is a major player at the table in everyone's life.

So your employees work from home and if their internet went out due to meteorology conditions for more than a day say, you fire them? Cause....they decided to live in an environment where weather can affect one's internet access?

No. Not at all. If that has happened, and it has, we bust our tails as a team to get them back up. If it all proves fruitless, we will pay to put them and their family somewhere that is safe and back online. We don't mess around.

That's not what caused my response.

Go back and look at where this forked. Some "IT geek" not understanding why people would have stress and flauting their own ability to take a new advantage during and due to a global pandemic.

It's not third world here, aside from hurricanes, my internet here is just as good as in my office when I lived in the US........

I second that motion. I'm on fiber on the island, and my internet there is actually better than what I have at home in the states.

As a US immigrant, I had to look up "bush league". Thanks for the learning!

I won't do the same??? Wrong. Take a lap.

I have worked out of many different locations during the pandemic. Including Cozumel.

So then it is perfectly fine for you to do it, but other people can't?

You sound like the boss that let me go, without notice the day my FMLA ran out while I was dealing with cancer.

Back
Top Bottom